Building or renovating

We offer a wide range of services to the public, property owners, owner-builders, registered builders, developers and designers.

Building permits
Applying, documents checklist, payment options.

Building inspections
Bookings, certificates and inspections.

Building complaints
Request investigations and dispute information.

Building, property information
Plans, copies, sale info, occupancy.

Council consents
Special permission for building and more.

Caravan parks
Registrations and renewals.

Regulations and half cost contribution.

Safety measures
Essential safety measures.

Swimming pools and spas
Definitions and requirements.

Temporary structures
Prescribed temp structures and POPEs.

Do you need a building permit

Building permit required, refer to Victorian Building Authority Practice Note PN 32 - 2018 (PDF)

For any exemptions refer to Part 21 and Schedule 3 of the Building Regulations 2018 (PDF)

Difference between planning and building permits

The town planning permit governs the use of the land or building.The building permit governs the construction and inspection processes of buildings.

Contact our Statutory Planning unit on 03 5272 5272 to confirm if your proposal requires a planning permit.